Visits to places of migrant’s detention are instruments of Open Access campaign. These visits are conducted by journalists, civil society organizations and members of Parliament.
The objective of the visit is twofold:
- Test the reality of access: Is it possible to speak with detainees ? Can one have a clear overview of the conditions of detention and report them ?
- Gather information on detention centres around Europe.
For more information on the organization of visits, download the “Campaign Kit” available in 4 languages (Tools section of the site).
Here you can dowload the reports of the campaigns of parliamentary visits organised in the framework of Open Access Now:
- [EN], Global Detention Project, The detention of asylum seekers in the Mediterranean region
- Ecuador [EN] Global Detention Project, Ecuador Detention Profile
- France [FR] Le Monde, Cazeneuve revives the match left wing – right wing concerning expulsions
- Cyprus [EN] KISA, Serious violations of detainees’ rights in the detention centre of Mennogeia
- Belgium [FR] Steenrock, Make music, not immigration detention centres !