[EN] Since 2014, the increasing number of asylum seekers in Hungary is a pretext the government uses to justify its violent campaign against immigration. Government plans seem to threaten the law and international obligations, but also the democratic values. These violations are denounced by the NGO « Hungarian Helsinky Committee », which provides legal aid to thousands of asylum seekers, and supplies factual informations and data on migrants’ situation in Hungary.
See the article attached.
- Asylum-2015-Hungary-press-info-4March2015 (pdf - 306 kB )
InformationsDate(s) of publication: 04/03/2015
- [EN], Global Detention Project, The detention of asylum seekers in the Mediterranean region
- Ecuador [EN] Global Detention Project, Ecuador Detention Profile
- France [FR] Le Monde, Cazeneuve revives the match left wing – right wing concerning expulsions
- Cyprus [EN] KISA, Serious violations of detainees’ rights in the detention centre of Mennogeia
- Belgium [FR] Steenrock, Make music, not immigration detention centres !