[EN] Council of Europe anti-torture Committee publishes a report after its visits of 25 centres of detention in Europe. The report highlights the numerous and shocking abuses detainees suffer from in detention centres in Europe. It develops also the threats made by the prison staff toward the migrants who would like to talk about these mistreatments. Asylum seekers are those who are the most concerned by rights violation, especially in Spain, Italy or Greece.
Link of the article:
InformationsDate(s) of publication: 04/02/2015
- [EN], Global Detention Project, The detention of asylum seekers in the Mediterranean region
- Ecuador [EN] Global Detention Project, Ecuador Detention Profile
- France [FR] Le Monde, Cazeneuve revives the match left wing – right wing concerning expulsions
- Cyprus [EN] KISA, Serious violations of detainees’ rights in the detention centre of Mennogeia
- Belgium [FR] Steenrock, Make music, not immigration detention centres !