[EN] « Horrible places » : between lack of hygiene and overcrowding, the conditions of the « reception centres » of migrants in Malta illustrates to what extent being a migrant is a punishment. An enquiry, presented at the Maltese Parliament after the death of a migrant in a detention center, shows the horror of the system of migrants reception on the island, while NGOs and associations are outraged for the mistreatments by the staff, and by the criminalization of migrants.
Link of the article:
InformationsDate(s) of publication: 16/12/2014
- [EN], Global Detention Project, The detention of asylum seekers in the Mediterranean region
- Ecuador [EN] Global Detention Project, Ecuador Detention Profile
- France [FR] Le Monde, Cazeneuve revives the match left wing – right wing concerning expulsions
- Cyprus [EN] KISA, Serious violations of detainees’ rights in the detention centre of Mennogeia
- Belgium [FR] Steenrock, Make music, not immigration detention centres !